View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 02, 2011, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

One Man's Opinion

I hope you stay with it. The game needs good officials, and to my mind anyone who comes here to read, ponder and discuss with others is taking one of the steps toward being one of the best.

I think sufficient rules already exist for governing behavior, be it players, coaches or fans. What's needed is for site administrators to step in earlier and be more proactive in taking care of probem individuals before they become even larger problems. I give a lot of credit to our town AD who at every home game is a visible presence in the gym and takes action when it's required that he do so.

Coaches need to take more seriously that they are resposible for the conduct of their teams. (and I don't mean just their bench during the games) They set the tone and in much the same way as we are told what we don't penalize we condone, the same is true for their programs. Too many players believe participation in athletics is a right, and not something that's earned and requires a consistently high standard of conduct.