View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 01, 2011, 12:13am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
And what's really funny to me is when I watch the D1 guys that I consider excellent officials, none of 'em seem to come in with the pre-conceived notions that I've been reading in the last few pages. They all seem to just call each play separately and individually on it's own merits without saying "Oh, he got the ball. That can't be a foul." If they feel the contact was illegal, they just call it. And the amazing part is they also call it before the ball goes in too, without worrying about "patient whistles", etc.

Novel idea, ain't it?
Whether they have pre-conceived notions or not, I have not see said play called a foul when there is a clean block in the conferences I watch. Again, I have seen fouls called when the block was not clean, but I have seen that play on SportsCenter many times not called a foul. So whatever you want to believe is up to you. But I go to camps where I have seen guys that we see on TV often and I know what they have said about plays that I have called when they are observing. No one here that disagrees with you as pulled this out of the air.

Peace