View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 25, 2011, 08:13pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Hey, I Got One!

Yepperdoodle, while our Public Schools are beyond my reach at the current moment, I was called upon to do a Private School League Semi-Final game tonight. I was so psyched!

So, I leave early as I have a 30 mile drive (read - I-95S on a Friday night). I'm 10 minutes out and the phone rings.....my assignor, "Bob, we've got a problem." The HS has had a power outage and we're probably going to have to move the game! Me - "We may have to move it to the other school's gym - further south on I-95" (shoot me). I call my P and relay the good news (sarc).

I get to the old HS and the AD called a buddy and they have decided to move the game only six miles down the road to a beautiful, new multi-million dollar gym (wahoo!)

Great partner (only one for private school - good game fee, ). Pretty good quality of ball. Very exciting finish. Losing coach not happy at the final buzzer - shocker!

Few fouls overall. Only a few weird plays. Had an absolute blast!