View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 22, 2011, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

I beleive someone misunderstood what was said. I know in our session it was said that excessive speed was dangerous and someone was going to get hurt you needed to put a stop to that right away. I could see that being heard as make it a dead ball immediantly but that is NOT what was said, at least not in my group.

To NCASAUMP's question, that is a hard issue to handle. I think it depends on who the presenter is to how you would handle it gracefully. When you know they are wrong and they are spreading the incorrect ruling how do you politically correctly get the correct interpretation spread?? I don't have the answer there but I know what I do is at the first break I have my book and ask them to explain what I am missing because they stated "XYZ" and when I read the rule is says "ABC" help me understand what I'm missing. This works for people that aren't as approachable or I don't know that well makes me look like I am trying to learn and understand instead of telling them they are wrong! Has worked well in the past, has also still made people mad, but usually it leads to a restatement or clarification after the break!

I am interested in how others have had success dealing with this type of issue in the past, I will stay tuned