View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 20, 2011, 12:24pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Special Kind Of Excitement ...

I observed one of these games about twenty years ago after one of my my junior varsity games. Very small, unranked, Catholic high school, with it's best basketball behind it, just a year away from closing due to low enrollment, at a very large, public, urban, high school, with two future Division I players on the roster, ranked in the top five in the state. Catholic school only shot layups, not a single jump shot. The public school team ended up winning, something like 21 to 17, but the Catholic school team was in it until the end, and would have won if it had hit a few more free throws. Catholic school coach's son was the point guard, his dad was a state coach of the year, point guard has gone on to became a successful coach in his own right. It was one of the most exciting games I've ever observed. At first the home crowd was upset about the tactics, but began to realize that this was a special kind of game, and eventually got into it like any other game.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 20, 2011 at 12:31pm.