View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
I'm a young official. I don't have any trouble running up and down the court. I don't think that those on the boards couldn't mentally handle a two person game. I'm sure most of them have been doing two man a lot longer than you and I have. I realize that even if I'm on the same page with my partner, we will miss calls even if we're both on the same page. Two man is an absolute joke compared to three man. Angles, court coverage, positioning, consistency, no guessing...the list is long about why 3 man is heads above 2 man.

Plus, you'll find with doing 3 man, it actually benefits us younger officials because we can be paired up with two veteran officials. You go back to 2 man, and you're going to have assignors only putting two veterans on the bigger games and that younger official on a lesser or lower level due to all the varsity slots being taken up.
This friend speaks my mind, excpet the part about having trouble running up and down the court. 3-whistle is definitely all about angles and coverage. Male players are so big that it's impossible for two refs to see everything. Female players are so much more physical, with so much more contact, that it's impossible to be consistent and to cover everything. 3-whistle is unquestionably the better way to go.