View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 07:44am
Official Forum Member

:d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFussRef View Post
Last few seconds of OT, tie game. Team A gets it in and as A1 attempts the mid-court hail-mary to win B1 nails him. I call the foul and B-Coach almost has an aneurysm. A1 goes to the line for 3 free-throws with .2 seconds on the clock. B-coach ices him with timeouts in between each shot but he still sinks 2 of 3. On the inbound B gets it in and time expires. A wins.

B-Coach says to me "HOW DO YOU CALL THAT FOUL???"

(Not how could you call that a foul?, not how is that a shooting foul?)

He wasn't questioning the foul itself, just why I would call it!!! I guess he felt officials should allow a game to go into another OT rather than call em as we see em. I gave him the "Foul in the 1st minute is a foul in the last minute" speech and when he groaned I followed up with "You said it yourself. How could I call that "FOUL".

(meanwhile I am wondering what B1 was doing anywhere NEAR A1 in that sitch!)
Good game to watch actually, coach flipped out on the call. I just so happened to be sitting next to the coach and the scorers table, saw EXACTLY what he did.. It was one HARDCORE bad foul. lol. easy call. gj ref, (think the score was an even 29-29 tho, dont really matter, not like we pay attention to the board neways, lol)