Thread: assignments
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 12:34am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcolopy View Post
Hi Fellow officials,

Three part question; do most associations have a formal way of earning varsity games (earn your name in the varsity bucket, ranking, feedback, etc.)?

do most associations give all those in the varsity eligible bucket @ the same number of varsity games or a minimum number? (assoc. less than 100 refs)
We do not have any "associations" that assign games. Not a factor in either case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcolopy View Post
do you feel it is fair to work the same varsity team twice in eight days, three times in one month, tournament games (different teams) back to back nights?
I would rather only have a team no more than twice in a season. But that is not always realistic and not in everyone's control. I work for the different conferences where different people do the assigning for games and it sometimes just happens. Between all the tournaments, shootouts, regular season games and even post season we will have teams more than once. Even in our playoff system you can have a team multiple times straight. Not something I worry that much about anymore.

Peace