View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 10, 2011, 12:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington View Post
Just for some Tuesday morning humor...... I had this in a game last night. The R of our 3-person crew went to both coaches individually at half time and said they would both need to calm down and that they were getting close to crossing the line. Well, the home coach says "ok, thanks, it is a big game and I'm probably getting a little to emotional." The visiting coach says "Calm down, I'm not even warmed up yet."
Both of these coaches are good to work for and all 3 of us officials have good relationships with the 2 head coaches so in that context it was absolutely hilarious....
Near the end of a game, tuesday, as I informed the V Coach that her player had 5 fouls, and I needed a sub, her Asst. came and apologized for getting so excited on a previous call. I told her I didn't really mind, and that the reason we invent these games, is to be able to get excited and have some fun with it. The only thing we need to do is to put our excitement into the game in a proper way, and help the players understand the same.