View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 09, 2011, 08:16pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffler3492 View Post
Just to spark more conversation...stuff happens...like getting hurt during a game. So if I got hurt in the second quarter and wasn't able to finish the game, would I only get half the game check? Technically I didn't fulfill my contract then either.
When I filled in after a JV ref pulled his hamstring, the guy I replaced offered to send me half his check for working the fourth quarter. Naturally, I declined. Four seasons ago I blew out my knee in the second quarter of a varsity game and they had to call a JV official in to work the rest of the game. I don't remember offering anyone part of my check, but I was in a great deal of pain and ended up in the hospital and simply don't remember how I got paid for that -- and didn't care (the fee at the time was something like $57.50).

It all evens out. But if I missed a half of a game because of traffic, I would have probably apologized again to the AD and told him to please keep the money for the entire first game.

Of course, where I live a game cannot start with less than 2 licensed officials. So here, they'd find a replacement or they'd wait.