View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 08, 2011, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jearef View Post
And some folks say that subtlety is a lost art. Snaq, I'm good with the red font, but 275 point type? Maybe just a bit over the top?

As you know, sometimes discussions that begin with a particular play situation evolve into a discussion of overall philosophy. I (incorrectly) assumed we were talking generally about whether it is ever acceptable for lead to offer information to the trail on a 3-point shot.

That having been said, the point you make is certainly well-taken. In the immortal words of Emily Litella, "That's very different. Never mind."
Yes, is it ever acceptable for the lead to offer information to the trail on a 3-point shot, and is it conceivable that a crew would consult with table on plays such as this?

I would hope other ref's could offer good advice for those officials involved, along with me wanting to know your thoughts.

I would not want to consult the table unless another official wearing stripes was sitting there as part of the table crew. Somewhat like during regional and state playoffs.