View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 07, 2011, 12:21pm
Official Forum Member

First I don't recall "bragging" about mentoring. I have said, just like others here, that I enjoy helping young officials. The difference in this guy and EVERY other new official I have worked with is that he acted as if he was the veteran with nothing to learn and nothing that needed changing. I have been doing this 20 years and still realize I can learn and improve.

BTW my assigner called me today about him. Seems the game administrator witnessed the confrontation and was not happy with neither the coach or my partner and called the assigner. The assignedr said this was not the first complaint he had received about the guy this year and would be reviewing whether he uses him in the future. He said the only reason he got the game Saturday was he was the only one close and available with such short notice

He also got onto me for not issuing the coach a T. I told him under the circumstances I felt it would have made the sitaution worse. He said he would have HTBT to know for sure but felt he would have issued one.

Last edited by RobbyinTN; Mon Feb 07, 2011 at 12:26pm.