View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 04, 2003, 08:41am
Official Forum Member

It was a very good game. good flow, great communication.

I'd like to make one thing clear, though. I certainly don't spend my time worrying about subs, shirts tucked in, etc... and, when this situation arose, I wasn't trying to be a hard a$$ or anything like that. It was a split second reaction to a situation. partner about to inbound the ball, horn blows. my split second decision was to wait until the next dead ball. i never envisioned that the scorekeeper would buzz again. that's where it got heated (in my head).

as far as my partner goes, I didn't give him a hard time, and I certainly didn't yell at him. I just told him in those situations, to talk to your partner privately, so we can both come to a conclusion.

and, dhodges, i had already told the team to wait for the next dead ball. i didn't 'overrule' my partner. it upset me that he 'agreed' with the scorekeeper, as opposed to walking over to me and discussing the situation.

what it ALL boils down to is that whether I should have or shouldn't have let the sub in, I made a split second decision. a decision that i still feel is the right one. the scorekeeper had NO right to escalate the matter.