View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 02, 2011, 02:31pm
Official Forum Member

I don't work at my school on campus but I do work all the games in a night home and away (JVG,JVB,VG,VB).My day starts at about 2PM getting ready for a JVG game that starts at 3.Our other tip times are 4:30 (JVB),6:00 (VG),7:30 (VB).I do stats for the two JV games and scorebook for the two varsity teams.After the last game I have about a thirty minute drive home,eat dinner,then put the varsity girls stats on maxpreps and report the score to the papers.Usually I'm in bed by about 11:30 or midnight.

In terms of on campus staff serving as table crew all but two use faculty in each seat (shot clock and game clock operator).The two that don't use students who do a very passable job.

Scorekeepers in our Boys League:Only two are on-campus staff (one a drama teacher,the other an on campus aide).The other five adults who are scorekeepers (including myself) are walk ons.One school has a student doing their official book.

Scorekeepers in our Girls League:Only two are on-campus staff (one a drama teacher,the other a guidance counselor).The other five adults who are scorekeepers (including myself) are walk ons.One school has a student doing their book.

If you're curious as to what I get paid leave me a PM and I'll be more than happy to tell you.