View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 31, 2011, 10:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyinTN View Post
True but it gives you an idea of the experience level of his partner since he was the U in a MS game. Here U1s are 1 to 3 year officials

Not sure how it works where you are but here the R is 99.9% of the time the more experience official so it sounds like (both by his actions and the fact he was the U1 in a MS game) you were working with a relatively new official - and one who thought he knew everything. He probably had been calling wreck ball if anything.
I have been working basketball since 2004 (college intramurals), MS since 2005, HS since 2007. I moved to my new district this season, so I am working up the ranks of my new district. Partner is a former/current? coach who also is getting into officiating. I have found that typically the R is the more experienced official in this district.

And I understand that I have no place to overrule P's call. I can offer insight to correct the call, but ultimately it is his call to live or die with. Table even was like that is a new one on us (the T on an intentional). THAT SHOULD BE A SIGN! V book was the B HC and was kind of surprised by the ruling. I know coaches don't know all the rules either, but when people are like I didn't know that, it should send off some bells somewhere.