View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 31, 2011, 09:29pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
Must be a new AD...no experienced AD would in their right mind say "that sucks for you" get paid or don't work there again. pretty simple...how far you had to travel should have nothing to do with it...it's the principle of the matter. Let's reverse the scenario...let's say that officials don't show up at the gym...is your assigner going to say..."well that sucks for you" no he wouldn't.
+1

Yes, we'd get paid, which is the only real incentive they have to inform you of the cancellation. Contact your assigner (if applicable). If there's no assigner, check your state association to see if they have a policy in place; then send the AD a polite note reminding him of the policy. Provide your address as a cover. "Dear Mr. Jones, My name is Johnny Official and I was scheduled to officiate the game on xx/xx/xx, which was cancelled at the last minute. In case you don't have it on file, I've enclosed my address for you to mail my check for the game fee."

Hopefully, you have an assigner to fight that battle for you; it'll go much more slowley otherwise.