View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 31, 2011, 07:27pm
Official Forum Member

If we show up at a site and Game management did not cancel us before hand we get paid unless it is a weather call. We understand that if the school is closed or after school activities are cancelled we are not to show up. I check the school website and the local radio station website which lists cancellations before I go. We are also supposed to call the AD the day before but at the latest the morning of a game to confirm we are working the game. I have yet to actually speak to an AD, I always get their voicemail but I am explicit in providing my cell # and a message to call me if anything changes. I have not had a problem with middle and high school games.

At the Rec level if we get to the site and they cancel the game we get paid. They are supposed to contact us 24 hours before the game if the game is rescheduled or cancelled unless it is for weather. Since most rec games are in school gyms we know if school is closed for weather there is no game. We also have access to the league coordinator's phone numbers to verify if there is any doubt about a game being cancelled for weather.