View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 31, 2011, 12:09pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
True, but if there was not a limit then there would be those that would complain that someone does not deserve more opportunities. And in the person they referenced by name is a very good official, but there are officials that are just as good and have never worked a single Super Sectional, let alone the State Finals. I think many of those guys at some point deserve a chance. Our state whether you like it or not does not just give someone their first playoff games one year and the next you get a Final. By the time someone gets their third they have been around.

Peace
Sorry, I wasn't clear in what I wrote. I am saying it's a positive thing to restrict the number of visits. Why should *anyone* get nine state tournaments (for example) when there are people out there who are good officials who get hired by all the local conferences and work full schedules year-after-year sit home?

No officials are so good that the tournament is markedly poorer but for their absence. One official or even a small group of officials are simply not that important.