View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 30, 2011, 10:07pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgeorge0263 View Post
What would you do in this situation?

Both teams are playing for a championship game and during a timeout late in the game, when the official reports the timeout, behind him 2 player bump into each other (Player from white bumps into player from red) on the way to their benches). From my angle I could not tell if the action was purposeful or incidental, but it was during a dead ball period. I ran over to address the player from white and warn him or "t" him, but I was too late. The reaction of the player from the red team was to direct some words of retaliation to that player, so immediately my partner assesses a technical foul.

So I ran up to him to explain to him what happened and what caused the words (I did not get a specific account of what was said).

Would you just administer the technical foul on player red and ignore the dead ball bump from player from white?

Would you knowing all information assess a technical on both players?

Do you retract the technical foul on red knowing he was possibly provoked?

Although this was a Regional Tournament Intramural Championship, what would you do in your HS or college game if this happened to you?
When I read your account of this play, I read that you saw the white player bump red and did not hear what red said to white, and your P heard what red said to white but did not see white bump red.

I think the right thing to do is to get together, find out why he T'd red, and then report to him that you saw white initiate contact, and wish to T his action, thereby making red's words retaliatory.

Final result is two T's: one for each.