Thread: Bump and Run
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 30, 2011, 06:28pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
TURNOVER (old-lead/new-trail takes all throw-ins in the new backcourt and all throw-ins on their sideline)
  • If the violation occurs in the old FC on the old lead's sideline, the old lead takes it.
  • If the violation occurs in the old BC on the old lead's sideline, the old lead takes it.
  • If the violation occurs in the old FC on the old trail's sideline, the old lead takes it. (bump/run)
  • If the violation occurs in the old BC on the old trail's sideline, the old trail takes it. (lead goes coast to coast....switch just like a violation in the new frontcourt on the lead's sideline above the FT line)
Since the bump and run is only in effect for turnovers, I cut out the rest. For some reason, though, this list makes more sense to me than the last one. I still hadn't heard of the coast-to-coast exception for old BC violations. We do bump and run on that here, and the way I read the IAABO manual, we're doing it correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I think that you're agreeing with me. NFHS, IAABO, or other?
Okay, Billy, I have to ask. Have you looked at the current IAABO manual? The example on page 50 is for an old FC violation, but there's no exception given for a violation in the old BC. The exception on page 51, however, seems to be for a quick transition play. But this seems to be, effectively, a defensive violation (not a turnover). This is really an extension of the principal of creating a switch when there is a defensive violation in the FC creating a throw-in along the old lead's sideline above the FT line extended.

BTW, is there a place other than these illustrations that lays out the principals for this?