View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 27, 2011, 02:54pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
How did you rule? I think a double flagrant something or other is warranted for actively fighting players. If there is a disparity in the players fighting, all the penalty summary says is to award two shots. In this case, I suppose it is technically a T since there is no restriction on who shoots them at the ball is awarded at the division line.

The situation where is truly matters in my view is if you have an isolated act.
The official ruling? "Charlie Foxtrot."

We screwed up the FTs some how; probably adrenaline and a whole bunch of issues.

I ruled a FP on B1, followed by two FTs on A1 and A2. A FT followed on B1 for behavior on the bench before we could shoot any shots.

Based on that ruling, we should have shot free throws for every foul. I can't remember what we did with free throws, but it wasn't correct.

Based on the state ruling, we should have had Double Ts (on A1 and B1) followed by separate Ts on A2 and B1 (false double). Shoot B's shots, then go down and shoot A's shots. Ball to A at division line.

The way I read the rule now, I'd be inclined to say the state had it right. To me, I'd rather give the harshest penalty justifiable, which would mean (in the video) a T since anyone can shoot.