View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 02, 2003, 01:21am
Official Forum Member

fellow officias:

last night we did a h.s game in iowa. usually the philosophy that my partner and i take into the start of the game is "make sure the 1st one is a good one." the difference of the 2 teams were speed and size. team A is alot quicker and more physical than team B. team B's coach is complaining that his kids are getting pushed around underneath, this is in the first 4 minutes of the game. the rest of the 1st quarter goes smooth. no bickering or anything. in the 2nd quarter my partner has a foul on team B. as he is reporting the foul, team B's coach wants a timeout. i see that the coach and my partner are talking about a few things. after they seperate, my partner comes over to me and says "if you here him whining you get him." i say well whats the deal? my partner says "he is still hung up on a couple of things that occured in the 1st quarter and he cant seem to get them out of his head." i say ok. about 2 minutes later i hear -"they are riding us all the way through the lane" i hear it numerous times. what would you do in this situation. would you stand up and buzz the coach in respect of you partner or would you communicate with the coach and tell him that we are working as hard as possible to get in position. kind of an interesting scenario. i ended up standing up for my partner for the fact that the coach seemed to want a T during the timeout and didnt get one. any thoughts on this situation would be appreciated.

thanks alot

mighty