Thread: A Good Evening
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 26, 2011, 10:20am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
* Had my first 20 second clock after a player DQ. My partner called the foul. After the table notified us it was 5 on that player, I move towards the table to facilitate the subsitution. Coach wants to argue about that foul call and I try to get him to move along and give me a sub. Still wants to argue, so I turn to the table and ask for a 20 second clock. Timer isn't quite sure how to handle this and is fumbling with the clock. Coach finally gives me a sub, so I tell the timer nevermind, we're good now.
The coach wants to argue, make him do it *immediately* on his clock. And then don't even be there.

"That's 5 on #30." Turn to timer, start the clock. If the player isn't there, go to notify the player. By the time you get back to the table, the 20 seconds will be exhausted and there'll be a sub. Bring the sub in. Put the ball in play or shoot free throws. Even if the player is in front of the bench, the coach will have about 10 seconds to try to argue. The only real response is, "I need a sub."

Whoops. No time for the coach to argue.