View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 25, 2011, 11:17am
Official Forum Member

I called a two whistle game with a guy like this once - except I am not sure he was even on the same floor or the same sport even. I had pre-gamed with him and he said he was relatively new so I went through what we needed to look for, etc. I told him not to be afraid to call a foul and if he called one to follow through. I said to be sure to blow the whistle with authority so we can all hear it.

Got to the game and he never called ANYTHING - and I am being serious. He never called a foul the whole game, wouldn't blow whistle, call color or point direction on a OOB play, his mechanics were non existent, etc. He didn't understand rotation. It was a disaster. The coaches were livid and I understood. Of course if I called something that was out of my PCA (since he never did), they were upset. If I didn't call something, they were upset. Both coaches ended up with Ts before the night was over. I hated to whack them but it was getting out of control. It was by far the worse partner I have ever had. He looked horrible and it made me look bad as well.

I called our assigner after the game and told him that he didn't need to be calling games. I never saw him again and he isn't listed on our roster of officials.