View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 22, 2011, 01:51pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by refiator View Post
No....I think we were just disagreeing on what "contact" is. In this case I was considering the thrown ball as a "rough tactic" by an opponent (10.6.1) and as "contact", but I see your point as well.
No, we're not really disagreeing as to what contact is. i believe that any official even moderately rules cognizant knows what contact is and that that contact refers to physical contact. So actually we were telling you that you are complwetely wrong by rule

We're all (as in a whole bunch of us) pointing out to you that the specific statement you made the we couldn't call a technical foul because the ball was live is completely wrong by rule.

When you say you can "see our point", does that mean that you're still insisting that it has to be a personal foul of some kind because the ball was live even though you can NEVER have a personal foul without contact by rules definition? Or is that a very well disguised admission that you were completely wrong in your understanding of the rules? Just trying to clarify where you stand now.