View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 20, 2011, 08:41pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post
Tony, while I'm not sure I agree or disagree with your premise, I don't think your argument applies here. I believe the definitition of a tap is also a try for goal, and since I doubt B3 and A5 were both trying to score, we can assume only A5 tapped the ball, and B3 didn't tap it, but only touched it. Therefore, we're back to only one player actually tapping the ball.

All that said, I find it very difficult to believe that 2 players can touch the ball, and the ball be in the air after touching the second player, before 0.2 seconds have passed..
Yup. One is a "tap" (try for goal) and the other is a "tip" (inconsequential touching). If the "tap" is first, you can forget about the "tip" and count it if it goes. And if you do have two "taps", the second one better be before the horn if you're going to count it. That makes it a straight judgment call and also imo meets the rules criteria that only a tap may score. A second tap is still "a" tap.

Wierd play that does need further defining by the FED imo in case the sun ceases to shine, the heavens fall dark and this twp ever happens.