View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 20, 2011, 12:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Quite frankly, I only see it here when I work junior college games. The WIAA has a strict protocol for pregame introductions and teams are instructed not to seek out the other players or coaches or the officials for handshakes/fist bumps/etc. They are introduced and come onto the court right in front of their benches.
I have seen this at the varsity and college levels, where teams are from other states as well. Again I do not go out of my way to shake their hand. I stand near the scorer's table and if they come by we usually fist bump as that is what the kids do anyway. It is also not uncommon that there are players that do not come by at all. Usually the players come by to shake the coach's hands and we are on their route to or from and that is when they do it. And this has been the case more and more for the last 3 years or so (probably more but mostly noticeable then). It would be more noticeable if I refused to shake/fist bump a kid now than it would have been 10 years ago. It would not even make much difference to me if they choose not to come by and do that. I just do not see the big deal when they do.

Peace