View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 31, 2003, 08:30am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dhodges007 Send a message via Yahoo to dhodges007
Quote:
Originally posted by moose69
Realistically there should be nothing different from calling a T then from calling a block or hack, i mean they are just foul, right?
TR
I agree, but don't call one FOR your partner. As the experienced official if your partner needs your help. Talk to the coach or captain or whoever is giving you the problem. Once you talk to them, you deal with it. But I wouldn't suggest giving a T "for" your partner. IMO I think you did the right thing by letting your partner handle it.

Quote:
Originally posted by canuckrefguy
Your partner should not have let this goofball ride him for so long. He's to be commended for having a thick skin and trying to manage the coaches, but he's going to have to learn that there comes a time when you gotta be the bad guy and **WHACK**. And when that time comes YOU MUST ACT.
I don't quite agree. I think Josh is right that you should let him live or die with his call. You didn't need to act if your partner was still in the game. If he had the look of a scared puppy, then, maybe. Did you talk to him about this during TOs, inbetween quarters, and half time? What did your partner say in regards to how he wanted to handle the situation?

My two sense!