View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 17, 2011, 07:16pm
Official Forum Member

For those of you who are not, I would strongly encourage you to join the National Association of Sports Officials (NASO). National Association of Sports Officials

Their consultation service is a benefit that the OP'er could use here. NASO also provides legal counsel and insurance protection to members as needed.

In the past year, I have encouraged my association's membership to join and we had a near-100% sign-up rate from our 100+ member group. The cost of the NASO membership ($99) includes many other benefits, which you can read about on the website.

I am certain there are other groups/companies/associations which offer similar services, and they may be comparable or even superior. However, my experience is with NASO and I can certainly see where they could have helped the officials in this case.

From the beginning, the fear of what will happen here is probably much greater than the ultimate outcome for the officials. Having professional advice to back you through the process would certainly reduce the stress.