View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 30, 2003, 12:35pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Question

I have had two games this year where I was the official granting a request for a timeout. As I go to the area to report the timeout I am asking anyone from the requesting team what they would like. I get no response from anyone and grant a full timeout. Just as soon as I do this the assistant coach (both games) goes nuts saying that they requested a 30. I just tell him that he needs to be sure that I am aware of what they want before I report it. I let them know that I asked twice before I reported and got no response and they always say that the coach signaled when he requested. The first time it happened the assistant was out on the floor in my face and my partner came over and told him that the next time he comes out on the floor to get in someone face like that his next step better be towards the locker room and that his only responsibility during a timeout is to make sure that the granting official knows what was requested. Do you think that I handled the time out sitch correctly or is there something that I could have done to prevent this from happening? Any input is greatly appreciated. Since it has happened to me twice I was wondering if maybe it was something I was doing wrong.