View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 13, 2011, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
Sounds like other states should pass a law like we have here in Oregon. If anyone - coach, player, spectator, etc. - is directed to leave a sports venue by an official and they do not leave, they are committing "criminal trespass" and the police can be called to remove the person and charge them with a class C misdemeanor.

I keep a copy of this bill in my bag along with a copy of the Oregon statute on assaulting a sports official, which is, at the very least, a class A misdemeanor, punishable by jail time. When this bill was under consideration by our state legislature a few years ago, I was asked to testify in the State Senate committee, which I did. I was told later by my State Senator that my testimony was very persuasive, and I like to think that I had at least something to do with this law being passed.
Maybe we need you to come across the Columbia & help out up here to get similar legislation passed.