Thread: 1000th point
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 30, 2003, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Troward, it's an old thread, but check out http://www.officialforum.com/showthr...?threadid=3970

Similar to your sitch.
Fascinating that it was almost EXACTLY a year ago!
We had two of these exactly a month apart this year, on 12/28 and 1/28. Not a problem either time. The one from this week, I told the opposing coach, we told the officials, and as soon as it happened in the first quarter the timer hit the horn and we did our thing, about a minute. We'll make a bigger deal out of it before our home game tomorrow.

The one from 12/28, well, my player needed 22 and that's a bit over her average. We're coming from behind in the fourth, and I know she's got to have 15+. So with about 2 minutes left in a one-point game, I have my asst tell the scorers table not to stop it if she gets it. Didn't like the idea of emotion affecting it one way or the other. We go to OT, get up by seven with a minute left, and the opponents call timeout. They announce that she just made it a minute earlier. I felt a little bad that we didn't get to stop the game for her, but what could be better than your 1,000th point being a key basket in an overtime win!