Thread: New Hip anyone?
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

New Hip anyone?

I know that there are several new knees on this board.......anyone ever invest in a new hip?

After a year or two of being sidelined.......I started swimming again last year and added bicycling to my activities. I thought I was on top of the world.......even thought about taking up running again.........and Bam.........stupid me biking and hit a rock and crashed........screwed up shoulder and hip.........................damn.

Starting to feel a bit better......but the orthopedist I am seeing has brought up the possibility of a hip replacement. Said with my arthritis that it could be a win/win.........(not a should......BTW).

Don't have the greatest of health insurance so it would be a bit costly......anyone with any suggestions I would welcome some outside input.

Second, third, fourth opinions from other Orthopedists? Keep on the same track and see if I can get back to where I was when feeling I was feeling good (swimming and biking when I am up to it)?

I do fairly well with pain using just Aspirin which makes me think that a new hip might be a bit premature.......but would appreciate any input that y'all might have.

Joel