View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 29, 2003, 03:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
BktBallRef--

But there is no timing error here...how can you (within the rules) put time back on the clock?

I agree 100% that it seems the offended team is getting screwed, but other than catching it before the shot attempt, and hopefully with some time remaining on the clock, there's nothing much we can do, is there?
The play would not be dead until your whistle blew for the technical thus making it dead. The amount of time showing on the clock is what you would have to go with. A good point was made that in the second half the offensive team is shooting in front of their own bench so if this unlikely sitch happened hopefully you could catch it and penalize before the shot was actually blocked. I agree that assessing only 1 technical puts the offensive team at a severe disadvantage to loose the game if their is little time left. IMO a good way to solve this (when it never happens) in a FED game is:

A: There was contact. 1 T for entering the court (10.1.6) a second for "intentional" contact during a dead ball (10.3.9)result 4 shots and ball at division line.

B: Clean block. 1 T for entering w/ out reporting to scorers (10.2.1) another for 6 participating simultaneously (10.1.6) same result as above.

Crew says it is not specifically covered in the rules but I think you could make a pretty good case w/ above that it is...

[Edited by MN 3 Sport Ref on Jan 29th, 2003 at 02:22 PM]