View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 09, 2011, 08:11pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Sound Of Silence (Simon and Garfunkel) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
You're not alone then, because it seems that girls basketball games are the same no matter where you are. Emotional players, coaches, and especially fans.....more so than in boys games. I've heard several coaches this year do this (usually girls coaches). They don't say much at all most of the game and then when they're down 15 with a minute left they start with these types of comments. Very annoying.
I had just the opposite problem this year. Well not really a problem, not really annoying, but just downright odd. Small school girls varsity game. New head coach. Young woman, probably mid, late, twenties.

She doesn't say, "Boo", to us the entire game. Close out of bounds plays? Nothing. Close block charge situation? We could hear crickets chirping. Rough incidental contact puts her player on the floor? Nada. She sat on her bench almost the entire game, occasionally standing to coach her kids. Never said a word to us after the pregame coaches, and captains meeting. Not a single word. Really.

Sounds like a perfect situation. Right? Wrong. She was freaking me out. Really. She was freaking me out. I've been doing this for thirty years, and she was freaking me out with her silence. Thinking about blocking out her school next year. Man, she was really freaking me out.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jan 09, 2011 at 08:14pm.