View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 07, 2000, 01:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Smile

All I am saying, is that do not take an assignment that you cannot fulfill. Of course if it is something that you know well in advance, then disclose that. But if you have an open date and you cannot do a game if asked, you are better off, by not taking an assignment that you cannot do. You job might have a meeting you must attend, or your family might have an emergency. I get some of my games a year in advance, and I also work for several assigners. Things change on a daily basis. When the season starts, I do not take much unless it is worth my while or does not interfere with my current schedule (for example, doing a Saturday morning game and not having time to get to the evening game in time). I feel that it is better to turn down a last minute date as long as you tell the truth. If you are coming from out of town at 5:00pm to the airport and must go an hour and a half to get to a game at 7:00 and you feel that is cutting it close, then do not do the game. I am not able to work 7 days a week like I used to, so the 3 or 4 times a week is enough. I do have other obligations. If officiating payed enough to not work, I would, but until then, I am not going to take games I know I cannot do. Nor should you.