View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 29, 2003, 01:14am
Official Forum Member

hehe, thanks now I don't feel to bad.

The other night, I was doing an 8th grade boys game, and called OOB "Blue Ball!!" under Blue's basket. Player from Blue came over and stood OOB. Coaches both started sending guys to the table to sub, we let them in. Blue changed 4 including the guy who was waiting to inbounds the ball, white changed all 5. I'm standing there pointing towards Blue's direction so no one gets confused, a player from White comes over anyway and stands next to me OOB waiting for me to hand him the ball. Of course I do. Doh.

White inbounds the ball, neither me nor my partner recognize the error and White throws to a teammate under Blue's basket and he shoots the ball into Blue's basket. At this point both coaches are screaming.

Well, I called a TO and tought about it for a second (I'm the loniest man in the gym, my partner just shrugged his sholders) and gave the ball to white and told the score keeper to award the basket to Blue. It's a non correctable error.

Neither side was upset with the outcome, White was already winning by 30, but I felt like an idiot. Another lesson learned.