Thread: game management
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 28, 2003, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Troward
NFHS: subvarsity game this past weekend and I'm trying to use some of the game management "tips" I gotten from the board and veterans.

ie: the coach was constantly chirping for over the back calls, so I made a statement in passing him " I hear you coach, I'll look for it." seemed to appease him temporarilly.

Later I called a travel on his team, and the coach gave me the "call it both ways" so I tried out the line: "What did you see on that play coach?" to which he obniouxsly yelled "What have YOU been seeing this whole game?"

I have him a "Tech" but I felt like my "game management techniques" wound up baiting him into the situation instead of defusing it.

obviously you had to be there to get the full picture including delivery tones, but any suggestions on these techniques?

thanks again
GTW
"Call it both ways" is coach-speak for "What the heck, my opponent has been doing that all game and you've been letting it go!" Proper response might have been to repeat the "I hear ya coach, I'll be lookin for it" line. BTW, don't worry about "baiting" the coach on the T. Some coaches at the subvarsity level don't understand how to play this game yet. He'll learn!