Thread: coach tech
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 05, 2011, 10:02am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow whistle View Post
Looking for opinions on the correct way to handle this. GV game, end of half there is a frantic scramble under the basket and a girl gets a half hearted attempt off before the buzzer, but it is from way behind her head and the defense gets her hand on top of it - shooter may have been jostled a bit, but it didn't warrant a foul IMO so no call. We go to center court and coach is walking out with his team and gets testy about the no call. I just explain what I saw and he turns to walk away and grumbled something under his breath that I didn't quite understand so I let him go...but it got me to thinking if you tech a coach in that situation where teams are walkng off the floor at halftime do you blow your whistle and draw attention to the scene or do you just signal it so he knows and walk to the table to let them know what you have?
You let everyone know you called it, but this is one where you let the coach have his uninformed say and let him go back to the locker room.

Did you wait at center court behind the circle until both teams cleared? Force the coach to go out of his way to say something, if he's so inclined.