View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 01, 2011, 10:04pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
What are you going to do if you have a violation and foul called at the same time? Are you going to call both?

Peace

I thought your question was rhetorical. There is a specific case play which says decide which happened first and go with that call.

Which reminds me:

Many years ago, when I first started, I had very limited rules knowledge, very little in the way of mechanics, and no training. Boys jr. high: A1 caught the ball down low and gave a head fake. 2 players bit on the fake and came flying at him. He recoiled to avoid the first and obviously traveled.
He then started up and was clobbered by the 2nd defender. My partner blew his whistle, I assumed to call the travel. I signaled nothing. He then stepped up to the table and started to report the foul. I stepped in. "No, no, before the shot," and made the travel signal. He nodded and walked away. If that happened now, I would keep my opinion to myself. I see this as a case of right mechanics, wrong call. Apparently some classify the double foul in this example this way, but I don't see anything right about it.

Lonesome Dove