View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 30, 2010, 09:10pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Is that the proper ruling in NCAA-M?
As far as I know. My crew chief had no problem with it. But I will look it up and get the proper citation for the forum.

Hold on.

A.R. 61. Team A scores with 59.9 seconds left to play in the second half.
(2) The official inadvertently blows his whistle to recognize a timeout request by Team A when the ball is at Team B’s disposal
for a throw-in; or
RULING: (2), The inadvertent whistle shall be ignored. Team A’s request for a timeout shall be recognized and granted since the request occurred during the dead ball created by the inadvertent whistle. Substitutions are permitted during this timeout period. However, when a timeout is not requested, there shall be no substitution during the dead ball period created by the inadvertent whistle.

So in the same ruling the inadvertent whistle is supposed to be ignored and yet we are told to recognize the time-out b/c it was requested during the dead ball created the the inadvertent whistle. But the timeout was not requested during the dead ball created by the inadvertent whistle.

Is the NFHS ruling written the same way? I've always thought the NCAA and NFHS were written differently for this situation. Too lazy to find my FED books right at this moment.

Last edited by Raymond; Thu Dec 30, 2010 at 09:35pm.