View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 25, 2010, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by constable View Post
I personally like the 4 quarter system. It gives you the chance to possibly prevent some book keeping errors from coming back to bite you later in the game. It is also nice to get a breather for 60 seconds.

In the grand scheme of things, is an extra minute between the 1st and 2nd and 3rd and 4th really that big of a deal?

Speaking of speaking up the game, I do enjoy FIBA's rule for the penalty. Fouls reset after each quarter, 2 shot penalty on the 5th foul- makes for a smoother game than FED.

Also, in FIBA if you are entitled to a back court throw in in the last 2 mins of the 4th or OT and you call a time out, than you get the ball at the throw in line in your front court.
You'll never get the people in this forum to agree to those rules changes...why you ask? Cause it'd be too much like the NBA.

I do think we'll see the timeout rule happen at some point. I also wouldn't mind experimenting with resetting the penalty count each quarter.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.