Thread: ouch!
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 23, 2010, 05:22pm
Official Forum Member

Ouch indeed!

Any time a score keeping error decides a game it reflects badly on all of us who work the table.I am shocked that a varsity table crew (or any crew for that matter) could mysteriously lose two points.

Where was the communication between scorers? Apparently nonexistent as they were apparently daydreaming! At the first sign of an issue the home scorer should have asked for a horn so they could get the issue rectified. This is why I know my official's on a first name basis-whoever is table side would've heard me say "__________ we have a problem!",Play would've been blown dead and the situation corrected.

Was the clock/board operator watching the free throws and communicating with his/her school's official scorer to make sure the board was correct-apparently not?

The AD of the host school should be extremely embarrassed at the performance of his/her crew.Around here this would more than likely be cause for a school replacing its crew.I have to wonder if everybody was on cell phones at the same time.Could you imagine the uproar this would've caused in a MIAA playoff game? I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering two scorekeepers assaulted each other in Massachusetts last year!Here's the link-http://www.wickedlocal.com/watertown/sports/high_school/x1452241671/Scorekeepers-fight-at-Watertown-Lexington-high-school-boys-basketball-game