View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 19, 2010, 06:38am
Official Forum Member

You mean that's one of the few times where multiple courts are playing at one time side-by-side for you?

It's SOP up here for State to have a venue with 2 courts running simultaneously.

That's how I learned to do Varsity Timer/Scoreboard at Regionals was in a venue running 2 courts side-by-side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
Ok-I've just finished week 3:

*Freshman Girls Tournament (Our school puts its JV team in this tourney)-Second game of the morning was a tightly contested one in a gym with multiple courts.As you all can imagine multiple horns and whistles from other courts with the sounds of parents cheering probably make it very hard for coaches to get their timeouts acknowledged.Host school's provided table crew was a bunch of high school kids-the clock operator kept hitting the horn during a live ball to get the timeouts granted. He eventually stopped after our coaches said something to the officials about it.Never seen it before-odds can't be very high I'll see it again.