View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 18, 2010, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Yep the officials got it wrong. Had the game not been tied, the game would have been over and the T would have been irrelevant to the outcome of the game. Since the game was tied when time expired, the game was still in progress since an extra period was required. The T was awarded between periods at that point and this the extra period should have started with the foul shots for the T with ball awarded to V team at division line opposite table side.

Still don't like the idea of the principal and visitor's CoP calling the game as they have too much interest in who wins and whoever loses could probably protest the game (although at the MS level does it really matter?)

Personally I enjoy calling MS games. I enjoy that age group and while the coaches/players and fans can cause a ruckus at times, it isn't near the level of HS. True though, I have called with some fairly inexperienced officials but I just remember that I was one myself once. And although I have been calling for several years, I still make mistakes sometimes - even in the MS games.

BTW, I thought OT was 4 minutes ?!?!?!?
Robby