View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 14, 2010, 06:19pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I don't care if more, or less, than ten people saw this, either before, or after, me. I have little tolerance for incompetence. And the higher that I go up the "food chain", the less I tolerate it. If I'm going to send out something to a few people, I'll give if a quick proofread. If I'm going to send something out to thousands of people, then not only will I give it a thorough proofreading, but I'll have a few others give it a thorough proofread it as well. IAABO successfully used NFHS mechanics for many, many years. The changeover to IAABO mechanics, now several years old, in my opinion, is still a disaster. I still don't know why they made the change in the first place.
Aren't you over-reacting just a tetch, William? A disaster? Hell, I talked to 3 or 4 IAABO board interpreters and they talked to a few others. None of 'em had ever noticed the typo and no one was teaching the use of a different signal for a 5 second throw-in violation that the one that has been universally used by everyone, IAABO and non-IAABO, for umpty ump years. Great catch by you, but.....it just ain't that big a deal. And it sureasheck wasn't a big deal to any of the esteemed IAABO board interpreters either.

Chill. Santa is coming.