View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 12, 2010, 08:03pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
1) Could the rule be read to say that it's a player technical for a player to 1.) Climb on; or 2.) to help lift a teammate...since you had both the climbing (the climbing being the step on the player's back) and the helping to lift a teammate (getting on all fours and)? Even though this is a singular acts, there are two portions to the act. I'm not entirely convinced either way how to call it.

2) If you're going for one T, who are you charging it to?
1) Yup, you're certainly right that a strict reading of that particular rule would allow you to issue 2 "T"s, one each to the lifter and liftee. However, is that really the purpose and intent of the rule? Most rulings are issued using the philosophy of 1 penalty for 1 act. If you use the search function, you'll probably find that we've discussed this exact play already close to a dozen times over the years. Iirc, and if I'm not someone can correct me, the general consensus has always been to just charge one technical foul. Two is overkill.

2) I never had or seen this play but.....whenever there's a choice to be made between 2 players as to who should get the foul, I always give it to the shorter player. But that's just me....(heeheeheehee)