View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 11, 2010, 07:28am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Fourth "real jump ball" in four years tonight.
Even the veteran coach from the visiting team remarked "I've never seen that before."
More interesting this time, in that the shorter guard who had to jump it up against a much taller forward knew he'd never win it, so he tapped the ensuing jump ball early, on the way up. Easy call for the violation.
Nice way to start a game when nobody in the gym but our crew knew what what was going on.
I'm going for an NFHS record on these.
A couple weeks ago we had a really quick backcourt on the initial tap. I was U2 and apparently missed it as I didn't see the girl get the ball briefly in the frontcourt before she went the wrong way, realized her error and turned around. Evaluator - be alive at the tap. Me - lesson learned, got it.

I pregamed it the next time. As the R, I put the ball up, and it was pretty obvious to me that A1 stole the tap. But as the R, I didn't have my whistle. U1 passed on it. Ball is gone quickly and in the corner already and play is starting.

I had a stern talk with my P's. Would you blow it dead 2-3 sec late and interrupt the game to get it right or let it go? I was disappointed the game started that way. Thoughts?