Thread: Mouthguard
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 10, 2010, 06:10pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMOzebra View Post
Just guessing on this, of course:

Player removes mouthpiece = nasty, germ-filled saliva on player's hands = germs transferred to basketball = everyone handling the ball comes down with mysterious illness (including the totally innocent officials)

Reason for rule: Leave the darn thing in so your germs aren't spread all over the gym or get a time-out charged each time you remove it.
based on this rationale, I would assume that kids in Vermont are required to wear ski gloves while playing so as not to spread the germs that can be on their hands from doing such vile activities such as sneezing, pre-game handshakes, dribbling a basketball which has been in contact with a floor that has been walked on by people who have dared to wear shoes outside of the gym.

on second thought, the ski gloves are probably contaminated after coming in contact with road salt, school buses/cars which undoubtably have oil or gas residue, and have been chewed on by household pets.....

on third thought, let's play the games in EPA certified, hermitcally-sealed hazmat suits that contain 100% oxygen systems...we certainly don't want Dustin Hoffman and Renee Russo showing up at a high school game in Burlington, VT. in order to administer E-1101 anti-syrum to eradicate the Ebola virus....

OR... maybe we can just let the kids use mouthguards without all of the superflous rules....c'mon...where are the "less government intervention people"? I'm sure the old guy who said last year "keep your government hands off my Medicare" can be convince to shout "keep you government hands off my gradnsons' mouthpiece"...whaddaya think?

OK... my rant is over and I can now officially start my weekend!