View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 10, 2010, 12:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow whistle View Post
I would go with 4-19 since an eye poke is illegal contact which hinders an opponent from performing normal offensive & defensive movements.
So you are going to call a foul, simply because a player was poked in the eye and not consider other rules like verticality or some other contact that might have taken first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow whistle View Post
I think I see your point - by asking "why" you are asking why did the play happen, ie why were the players where they were, who had legal position, etc. correct? Agree in your example above if a player is in the vertical space of another and gets himself poked in the eye, if anything I've got a foul on the defense or more likely a no call depending on the advantage gained. This is different than trying to judge the intent which is what I thought you were asking originally with "why".
I am not talking about intent and never did. I just think you should consider the play at hand and not the result rather than the why. Now usually if you were to see this it is likely a foul, but not just because it happen.

Peace